THE MANILA INTERNATIONAL CONTAINER TERMINAL IS THE PHILIPPINES' LARGEST, BUSIEST, AND MOST ADVANCED CONTAINER TERMINAL
With an annual capacity of 3 million TEUs, ICTSI’s flagship operation is one of the largest nontransshipment ports in the world.
The MICT is situated between the North and the South Harbors in the Port of Manila, protruding westward into the Manila Bay at the mouth of the Pasig River–the city’s major waterway. A key facilitator of Philippine trade, it is complemented by ICTSI’s robust network of marine and inland terminals across Luzon, the Visayas, and Mindanao.
In 1988, International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICTSI) won the 25 + 25 years concession to operate the Manila International Container Terminal (MICT) in an international tender. Since ICTSI’s takeover, MICT has increased its annual capacity five-fold, expanded its container handling fleet to become the largest and most modern container terminal in the Philippines, and switched from a manual control system to an integrated real-time IT terminal control system.
STRATEGIC LOCATION: UNPARALLELED SIMULTANEOUS ACCESS
- To regional and international export markets, starting with Asia, home to the world’s fastest growing economies
- To Metro Manila, its hinterland (with the City of Manila, one of the world’s Top 20 Megacities, as the capital)
CAPABILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Globally competitive operational efficiencies for fast and safe cargo movement
- The most extensive terminal area, facilities and equipment fleet in the Philippines with a growing number of quay cranes and berths, and the country’s first and largest complement of rubber-tired gantry cranes (RTGs) deployed in container yard operations
- Pioneering world-class ICT application for port operations and management in the Philippines
- Making key technology investments: procuring the most cutting-edge software available in the market and developing software in-house whenever customization offers clear competitive advantages
SECURITY AND SAFETY
- ISPS Code Compliant
- Digital Closed-Circuit TV (CCTV) Surveillance System
- Radiation detection equipped under the US Megaports Initiative
- Front-end and back-end services
- 24/7 support